Lost love can leave an indelible mark on our hearts, a bittersweet reminder of the depth of our emotions. It’s a universal experience that has inspired countless poets, writers, and ordinary people to put their feelings into words. These quotes remind us that we are not alone in this journey, and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. They can also help us to focus on the beauty that still exists even after a relationship has ended, as well as the strength and courage it takes to rebuild our lives.
Deep Lost Love Quotes
1. The phantom pain of your sweet embrace continues to haunt me even when I’m asleep.
2. The phantom pain of your sweet embrace continues to haunt me even when I’m asleep.
3. Though I may have lost you, you will always have a space in the most beautiful part of my damaged soul.
4. I try to live my life even without you it. I go to our favourite spots, our favourite places, trying to live on. Instead, I find myself living in the memories that haunt me, always and forever.
5. It hurts to breathe. It hurts to live. I hate her, yet I do not think I can exist without her. ― Charlotte Featherstone
6. My student once asked me what the saddest word in the world was. I looked her in the eye and told her the most painful word ever said to me, Goodbye.
7. Yes, it is true that you will never forget him, you will not stop loving him or thinking about him. But eventually, you will let someone else in. You will open your heart for someone else. And you know what the person you lost will also live there, but their presence will not have any impact on you anymore.
8. It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. – Alfred Lord Tennyson
9. Never let the person you love walk away. Try, try till there is a hope. And when that hope goes away, then, there is no point in trying anyway.
10. I’ve always wondered which was worse- remembering or forgetting.
11. There is a comfort in the strength of love; Would overset the brain or break the heart. ― William Wordsworth
Healing Quotes About Love Lost
12. When you lose someone, you have to accept that grief and love cannot be separated. For when you reminisce the joys of your sweet love, you will be awakened by the suffering you have tried so hard to keep at bay.
13. Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart. ~Washington Irving
14. In the middle of the journey of our life, I came to myself within a dark wood where the straight way was lost. – Dante Alighieri
15. Love is the most beautiful and pure thing a person can have. And losing such a pure thing can be a tragedy. But it is the way it is. Everything you have is temporary, nothing is going to be with you forever. The sooner you accept that, the better it is for you.
16. You’ve always acted like you were staying for good so when you left, I didn’t know how to live without you anymore.
17. Sometimes things need to be let go of. If it’s meant to be, you’ll find each other again.
18. How ironic it is that only loss can show us how important something is.
19. Love will not serve those who do not live for her, and in her, and to whom she is not the breath of life. – Jennette Lee
Sad Quotes for lost loved ones from remembrance
20. The ones that you love the most are usually the ones that hurt you the most.
21. When it’s gone, you’ll know what a gift love was. You’ll suffer like this. So go back and fight to keep it. ~Ian McEwan
22. Does love truly come to everyone? Or may I die alone, having never been loved or given the chance to love?
23. Love is timeless; love is immortal. Even if you lose someone to something as permanent as death, the love you once had will never fade away. It will caress you every day, reminding you of the everlasting sweetness of honey.
24. In this world, only the people who have most, lose the most. That is why I am afraid of love. Too much love scared the hell out of me. I stay in the constant fear of losing it. And the fear of future can ruin your present.
25. Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand.
26. Do not feel bitter when you lose someone. It will be painful, yes. But the pain of losing that person will only remind you of how much you’ve loved, and how much of it was real.
27. Everyone keeps telling me that time heals all wounds, but no one can tell me what I’m supposed to do right now. Right now I can’t sleep. It’s right now that I can’t eat. Right now I still hear his voice and sense his presence even though I know he’s not here. Right now all I seem to do is cry. I know all about time and wounds healing, but even if I had all the time in the world, I still don’t know what to do with all this hurt right now. ~Nina Guilbeau
28. I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken-and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived. – Margaret Mitchell
29. I believe that losing someone does not cause us pain. Loving him does. It is love that makes us cry for him. It is love that makes our hearts ache. It is love that makes us want to be with him. And it is love that brings us pain.
30. When the sun has set, no candle can replace it. ― George R.R. Martin
31. Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future. – Daphne Rose Kingma
Quotes about lost love to get you trough
32. There is no greater joy that can ever compare to love as there is no greater pain that can ever compare to loss.
33. Sometimes I lie on our bed, eyes open, heart pounding, wondering when I will fully comprehend that you are never going to lie here beside me once more
34. Sometimes following your heart means losing your mind.
35. What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you. ― Richard Wilbur
36. This is not a goodbye, my darling, this is a thank you. Thank you for coming into my life and giving me joy, thank you for loving me and receiving my love in return. Thank you for the memories I will cherish forever. But most of all, thank you for showing me that there will come a time when I can eventually let you go. I love you, T. ― Nicholas Sparks
37. There is nothing more painful than saying goodbye to something that’s brought so much joy and beauty to your life. However, some goodbyes are just inevitable.
38. A divorce is like an amputation; you survive, but there’s less of you.
39. There is no love without suffering. – Arielle Dombasle
40. The great love is gone. – Mercedes Lackey
41. It’s so hard to go back to the places that was once ours. When I look at them, it seems like nothing has changed. But deep in my heart, I know the truth. With you can from my life, everything has and forever will be changed.
42. I never knew you could experience hell on earth until I lost the one angel that brought me heaven on earth.
43. In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.
44. Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart. – Washington Irving
45. Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.
46. She was a genius of sadness, immersing herself in it, separating its numerous strands, appreciating its subtle nuances. She was a prism through which sadness could be divided into its infinite spectrum. – Jonathan Safran Foer
47. I buried you yesterday, but memories of you will keep on haunting me tomorrow and forevermore.
48. I’m afraid we’ll be one of the ones who miss each other their entire life.
49. Trying to forget someone is like trying to remember someone you never knew.
Profound Lost Love Quotes
50. Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there. ― Otomo No Yakamochi
51. Never let loss decide, it only tends to make the wrong decisions.
52. When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal. – Unknown
53. It hurts to breathe. It hurts to live. I hate her, yet I do not think I can exist without her. – Charlotte Featherstone
54. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings. ~Anais Nin
55. I cried so hard when I lost my cat, the pain of losing her spearing a hole through my heart. My father hugged me tight and whispered in my ear, Do not cry, my child. For when you lose something great, something better will take its place.
56. And he’d hated himself, and hated her, too, for the ruin they’d made of each other. ~Dennis Lehane
57. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings. – Anais Nin
58. Sometimes things need to be let go of. If it’s meant to be, you’ll find each other again.
59. If someone you love hurts you cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
60. I’ve lost love. I’ve tried to reclaim a lost love and didn’t know how to do it. ~Sam Worthington
61. Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future. ― Daphne Rose Kingma
62. Pain is like a ghost. You can feel it, and it lingers on you, or try to. But you can get rid of it. You will be amazed how a single belief can change you and your situation.
63. When you love someone more than you love yourself, then, and only then you can say that losing him was your biggest loss ever.
64. You can love someone so much… But you can never love people as much as you can miss them. – John Green
65. Everyone keeps telling me that time heals all wounds, but no one can tell me what I’m supposed to do right now. Right now, I can’t sleep. It’s right now that I can’t eat. Right now, I still hear his voice and sense his presence even though I know he’s not here. Right now, all I seem to do is cry. I know all about time and wounds healing, but even if I had all the time in the world, I still don’t know what to do with all this hurt right now. ― Nina Guilbeau
66. Incidents of the past – a lost love, a missed opportunity – shape us and make us what we are. ― Rana Daggubati
67. I have loved to the point of madness; That which is called madness, That which to me, Is the only sensible way to love.
68. I’m almost over you, that’s what I keep telling myself to make me sleep better at night.
69. The hardest thing I have ever done is walk away still madly in love with you.
Famous Losing Love Quotes
70. I have loved and I have lost and I’m starting to believe; it’s okay. Sometimes what we “think” is best for us, is only the beginning of what is truly “meant” for us. And if I have loved, so deeply the wrong heart; I am content in knowing the greatest love I will ever experience, hasn’t even begun yet. ~Nikki Rowe
71. I have loved deeply. I have lost intensely. I will never love again. I get that love by people who care for me. ― Richard Simmons
72. You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. ― Barbara De Angelis
73. Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go. – Hermann Hesse
74. Where there is love, there will always be hurt.
75. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss
76. Long ago, men went to sea, and women waited for them, standing on the edge of the water, scanning the horizon for the tiny ship. Now I wait for Henry. He vanishes unwillingly, without warning. I wait for him. Each moment that I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments lined up, waiting. Why has he gone where I cannot follow? ― Audrey Niffenegger
77. Sometimes you have to allow yourself to lose something extraordinary for something better to come in your life.
78. As soon as forever is through, I’ll be over you.
79. You are here with me, sitting right in front of me. But I am afraid that I might lose you. It is because all the heart touching love stories have tragic ends. And they lived happily ever after does not exist in real life.
80. I’ve always wondered what losing a limb would feel like. I stopped wondering the moment you left me for good.
81. Some things are just never meant to be, no matter how much we wish they were. – Unknown
82. It hurts the most when you can actually feel your heartbreaking.
83. When you left me alone, did you even think about me for one? Did you think about how lost I was? Did you think about how much pain I must be in? It would hurt me the most is your answer will be a ‘yes’. It is because if you really thought about me, and left me anyway, that was a real cruelty.
84. God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
85. It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.